Sunday 17 January 2010

Yorkshire yesterday - But why?

So I went to Yorksire yesterday, but why? To be continued.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Right NOW!

A good day yesterday. Woke up nice and early to go to Tesco and do the shopping with my Dad. Got home and took the rabbit to the vets to get weighed! That’s right……..bunny’s do get a little bit fat but don’t criticise my bunny as I am sure you are carrying a few extra pounds! That pointless rant was for comic effect. lol


After that I came home and had my lunch and them off to North Yorkshire. Now why would I be going to Yorkshire? Fish and Chips? Well yes actually, we went for Fish and Chips in Scarborough but before that we went to Newholm in North Yorkshire to see the Black-throated Thrush that is still present. (Act like you are surprised, I know it’s difficult)

The Black-throated thrush showed really well. When I arrived the fella’ next to me said it had just flown off. At this point I twisted my face and thought I would be standing in the rain for ages looking for it. About 1 minute late it landed in a tree next to the garden for about 40 seconds and then flew off. About 5-10 minutes later the rain nearly stopped and the thrush returned and showed ridiculously well only disappearing a few times and not for very long. At one point I thought about picking it up, bagging it, and bringing it up to Durham and ticking it as a County Tick! Well not really but it did show very well.

(Black-throated Thrush - Newholme, N Yorks)

Life List update: 228 - Black-throated Thrush
British List update: 226 - Black-throated Thrush

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew, that was great reading! That's the rarest bird in the country right now, you should feel pretty chuffed that you managed to see it. You write well and you post some good pictures. I'm looking forward to reading your blog again.

    ATB,

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph,

    Glad to read you like my blog. I try to make it interested as well as funny at the same time. Not sure how I am doing with that right now. :s

    Yeah its quite good to see a bird that I know is one of the rarest in the contry at that time. The rarest bird I have seen is Eastern Crowned Warbler.

    Look forward to reading your blog as well. :)
    Cheers,

    Andrew K

    ReplyDelete