Monday 15 February 2010

NO! It…. it can’t be!

So there I was looking for Long-eared Owls going through a small area where there where some trees. When I got toward the end the trees it started to narrow, then all of a sudden (BURST) and then a dumpy brown bird took of and flew away. Not a pheasant, it could only be………….Woodcock! It took of when I was right near to it and it flew away over the top of the trees and away.

Finally at long last one of my hardest to get common birds is no more! Woodcock British Tick 230. Finally! Just (Common) Crossbill now.

Nothing much else of note but a fantastic day and it was nice to be out and about. I had a drake Pintail at Rainton Meadows and this was a year tick for me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one! I bet you'll find a few now as I find it usually happens that way. I hope it's an omen for me to find Jack Snipe!

    ReplyDelete