Friday 11 June 2010

Norfolk 2010 – Day 6 the 4th of June – Twitchwell?

This was our final day and we were just going to take it easy and so headed to Titchwell RSPB again for a look around. Most of the usual suspects were there including a booming Bittern! I had never heard a Bittern booming before so it was fantastic to hear and therefore a lifer for me. We had good views of 6-7 Little Gulls as the flew around. Also we had good views of a summer plumaged Curlew Sandpiper. We also had good views again of the male Red-crested Pochard that has been seen on Titchwell. We then headed onto Cley and had good views of the usual suspects.

All in all Norfolk was a fantastic trip with loads of lifers and year ticks. What a fantastic place! I will be back…..next year? Well I hope so!

Year List Updates
209 – Curlew Sandpiper

Here is a picture of 2 Red-crested Pochards I missed out from other posts from the holiday:


WELL I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE REPORT OF NORFOLK 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment