Tuesday 12 October 2010

Red-breasted Flycatcher & Greenish Warbler

Can you remember back at the start of September when I saw the Greenish Warbler at The Leas in Durham? Can you remember when I said "!!!MORE PHOTOS TO FOLLOW SOON!!!"? Well I am a man of my word. So one month late here ar Dougie's other great images of the bird below.

(Click on any images in this post to enlarge them)

(Greenish Warbler - © Dougie Holden)
(Greenish Warbler - © Dougie Holden)
(Greenish Warbler - © Dougie Holden)
(Greenish Warbler - © Dougie Holden)

To see my origional post about the Greenish Warbler then see this post here: http://andrewkinghorn.blogspot.com/2010/09/day-pretty-much-waisted-at-st-marys.html

Red-breasted Flycatcher - Whitburn - 12/10/2010
This evening I returned to Whitburn Costal Park and managed some far better views of the Red-breasted Flycatcher than the views I had managed on Saturday gone, I saw the white tail sides whilst it was perched up as well as in flight as it darted. It was also nice to see it cocking its tail up to give that typical behaviour of the species. It was good to catch up with Mark again especially considering he got some good photos of the Flycatcher as well as he discovered a Common Nightingale after I had left, first in the county since 1984! I heard it before I left but never saw it, Mark didn't know at the time what it was but discovered what it was after I had left. Drat, hope its there tomorrow.

Here are some of the pictures showing the sort of views I had of the bird this evening. Again by clicking on each image it is enlarged.

(Red-breasted Flycatcher - © Mark Newsome)

(Red-breasted Flycatcher - © Mark Newsome)


(Red-breasted Flycatcher - © Mark Newsome)
(Black-breasted Flyarbler - Saturdays bird ;) © Mark Newsome)

Until next time, Foghorn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment