Sunday 26 December 2010

Not on an Arctic Roll

Again today I managed to dip the Arctic Redpolls at Rainton Meadows DWT. I have been going on a fairly regular basis and both Arctic Redpolls have managed to evade me despite he fact I have easily clocked up about 12+ hours just within this past week.

Hopefuly if I keep at it eventually I will come up trumps and see at least one of he Arctic Redpolls. I would love fonder be more frosty bird but at this rate I would just be happy to see a Arctic Redpoll!! I would have loved to have seen one on boxing day but sadly it was not to be.

I am currently on my iPhone so I unable to post any links mainly because I am lazy and I can't be bothered to go, find the links and then copy and paste the link here.SO if you are I interested go to BirdGuides and take a look at the Cousc's Arctic Redpoll page and you can see images of he less frost bird taken my a mate of mine local county recorder Mark Newsome. The more frosty bird was seen later on in the afternoon but high quailiy images of this bird have yet to surface. Record shots have been taken and these can be seen on the Durham birdin thread on BirdForum.

Until next time, Foghorn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment