Saturday 11 December 2010

So who is Foghorn? – Part 1

Hopefully this blog post will be able to give you some insight into my birding life and this blog.

I started birdwatching about 5 years ago in the year 2006; my interest seemed to really take off when I was taken to Loch of the Lowes by my Grandma who lived near by the reserve at the time. It was of course the Osprey that was the star attraction of the visit. Before this event I can always remember having a interest in birds, when my Grandma moved to the Perthshire countryside I can remember looking through my Grandma’s bird book and trying to decide what buzzard species were around her house. I eventually came to the decision they were common buzzards rather than rough-legged or honey.

Since the moment when I got remotely interested on a more serious level I can remember having a few years where I bird watched fairly infrequently. However over the past 2 years or so I have become interested on a far more serious level. I joined Durham Bird Club about 1 and a half years ago and ever since then birding has pretty much been my major hobby. I think the reason for this is mainly because I started to meet like minded people and also got the chance to see some superb birds which I had never had the chance to see previously.

The name of my blog is due to a nickname assigned to me by local birdwatcher Steve Evans, Foghorn is of course known as a cartoon character that is a large chicken which is also quite loud mouthed, not sure what he’s hinting at here? Quite conveniently it also rhymes with my last name Kinghorn. Hence why I gave myself the name Foghorn Kinghorn, and so that is the origin of my blog title.

Part 2 coming soon!

Thanks to all my new followers. Didn't think I would reach 40 followers anytime soon. Thanks for the continued support guys, glad you enjoy my blog.

Until next time, Foghorn out!

3 comments:

  1. knowing you away from the computer screen, the one thing that stands out is that you never have a bad word to say about anyone - but i have to say i still think youre a loud mouthed lanky ##b####r####y.
    No seriously Andrew, if we all took a leaf out of your book the world would be a . . . desert, due to overheating through the ammount of carbon emmissions.
    Realy good to see you doing a spell of local patching - should i see about copying you a key so you can drive up to the hide ?

    Let me knoe when youre involved in running the bird club & i'll consider re-joining.

    youre a good lad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fully agree with your assessment of Klingon Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words Steve and John.

    Klingon - LOL

    ReplyDelete