Tuesday 30 August 2011

Little look out

Popped out locally for the day as I realised I hadn't been out the front door for about 48 hours so incase the neighbours thought I had died I ventured out. Went to Rainton Meadows DWT where pretty much nothing out of the ordinary was present apart from 2 Common Snipe and a male Gadwall. A brilliant spectacle was made as hundreds of Greylag and Canada Geese flew in from the surrounding countryside onto pool 2. After having my verbal beating from John Bridgelens I headed to Herrington Country Park to see the Little Gull that was found yesterday, never seen one locally so was keen to see the bird. I love Little Gulls and some brilliant close views were had of this stunning bird.

Click on any image below to enlarge

 (Little Gull - © Andrew Kinghorn)

 (Little Gull - © Andrew Kinghorn)

 (Little Gull - © Andrew Kinghorn)

(Little Gull - © Andrew Kinghorn)

Until next time, Foghorn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment