Wednesday 1 August 2012

Durham Butterflies

Over the past few weeks during birding I have been visiting some of the butterfly sites in Durham to pursue my enjoyment of butterflies, I'm not overly keen on moths and doubt I ever will be but I do have a thing for butterflies. I already made a post with photos of the Marbled Whites but I did revisit the site yesterday, I also visited a Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary site a few weeks ago. So here is a selection of some of my shots, not the greatest but I'm still working on getting the perfect shots. Most of the butterflies are all in focus but sometimes I focus in on a particular section of the butterfly such as the 'heed' (head - in Durham accent). Also I had a few Grayling butterflies while birding Seal Sands/Greatham Creek which were a bit of a distraction on an otherwise relatively quiet day.

 (Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

(Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

 (Marbled White - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

 (Marbled White - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

(Grayling - copyright Andrew Kinghorn)

Until next time, Foghorn out!

3 comments:

  1. Nice selection of butterfly sightings, especially the Small Pearl Bordered Fritillary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments, they are always appreciated.

      Delete